Sound Transit has begun work on the D to M Street Track and Signal Project connecting Sounder trains from Tacoma Dome Station to Lakewood. For the week of Jan. 5 to Jan. 12, 2011, here's what you can expect from the D-to-M Street construction:
- Continued utility relocation work at the corner of A Street and South 26th Street.
- Build street improvements along A Street between South 26th and South 27th streets, which will become a future detour route when Pacific Avenue is temporarily closed.
- Work with Tacoma Water on South 26th Street between East C Street and Pacific Ave.
Sounder Station Open House:
In January, Sound Transit will host a series of open houses in South Sound communities to present information on the Sounder Station Access Planning Study. The agency is conducting the study to identify potential improvements in the ways commuters access its Sounder stations.
Possible improvements the agency is studying include increased parking, pedestrian sidewalks, crosswalks and bridges, bicycle commute options, and transit facility enhancements.
Open houses will include:
• A description of Sound Transit service areas, transit routes, 2011 budget, and the Sound Transit 2 program
• Objectives of and timeline for the Sounder Station Access Planning Study
• Overview of existing station access issues and discussion of potential solutions
• Informal Q & A and public comment
Tacoma Open House - Tuesday, Jan. 18, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
University of Washington -Tacoma
Jane Russell Commons
1918 Pacific Avenue
For a complete list of open house dates and locations visit the Sound Transit website.