Portland consultant Rick Williams is helping this group develop and implement a comprehensive action plan that includes the folowing strategic steps:
- Establish a Premier Partnership, made up of downtown's top private and public executives (a commitment made by the Chamber as part of its contribution to Project Destiny);
- Assemble a downtown geocode--location in geographic space converted into computer readable form (a task for City staff with their extensive Geographic Information System);
- Overlay infrastructure on the geocode and assess service delivery (a job for Pierce Transit);
- Target marketing (cooperative effort by all three parties);
- Reach agreement on transit & parking goals (a cooperative effort by all parties following successful completion of the other strategies).