Tacoma City Council’s Neighborhoods and Housing Committee will further discuss the nomination during a public meeting at 4:30 p.m. on Mon., April 6, at Tacoma City Hall. A final decision to officially name the unnamed park is expected to be made by council later this year.
Between September 2014 and February 2015, the FWDA and Tacoma's Landmarks Preservation Commission received more than a dozen letters supporting the nomination from individuals and organizations such as the Museum of Glass, Tacoma Art Museum, Foss Waterway Seaport, Port of Tacoma, Dome District Development Group, and the Tacoma Waterfront Association. In the letters of support George H. Weyerhaeuser, Jr. is fondly remembered as a Tacoma civic booster and prominent member of the Weyerhaeuser family.
|Three unnamed parcels on either side of the State Route 509 bridge — 1955 Dock St., 2101 Dock St., and 2119 Dock St.. Two parcels — 2101 Dock St. and 2119 Dock St. — are owned by FWDA, and one parcel — 1955 Dock St. — is owned by the City of Tacoma|