Monday, April 21, 2008

The BIA Blog is Back

After a nearly two month long hiatus the BIA Blog is back.

For more than 22 years Paul Ellis has been the Chamber’s go-to-guy for issues that effect downtown and the Chamber Divisions in Fredrickson, Parkland, Spanaway and University Place/Fircrest. In March Paul embarked on a new endeavor in the Midwest, opening up a great opportunity at the Chamber. I was selected to take over Paul’s duties, including management of the BIA.

I am a native of Tacoma and Vashon Island and am thrilled to be back in Tacoma after three grueling years as a Seattle resident. I come to Chamber from the City of Seattle where I was involved with the South Lake Union Streetcar implementation efforts and Streetcar sponsorships. I previously worked in Tacoma as the Campaign Manager for Pierce County Executive John Ladenburg, and served on the campaign staff of Congressman Norm Dicks.

I love Tacoma and am looking forward to providing a fresh perspective to the development efforts occurring here. In my new role I will expand on the Chamber’s efforts with the downtown Business Improvement Area (BIA), the Regional Access and Mobility Partnership (RAMP), and I intend to promote downtown transportation strategies that will benefit residents, retailers and visitors to Tacoma.

I attended high school at Charles Wright Academy in University Place and received my B.A. from Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon. I recently completed Masters degrees from the University of Washington in Public Administration at the Daniel J. Evans School of Public Affairs and in Urban Planning. My graduate studies focused on transportation policy and community development.

I am thrilled about the strength and commitment of Tacoma’s growing downtown community and am looking forward to working with all of you in the years to come. Please check back regularly for updates on downtown Tacoma and the BIA.

You can reach me at (253) 627-2175 x123 0r ChelseaL@tacomachamber.org

5 comments:

  1. I am thrilled about the strength and commitment of Tacoma’s growing downtown community and am looking forward to working with all of you in the years to come.

    Nice to meet you Chelsea and welcome to the Tacoma blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, your just the person I want to talk to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back BIA Blog and welcome Chelsea. It was great to meet you at the New Tacoma Award ceremony. Hope you're settling in nicely to your new position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! Looking forward to lots of great stuff on this blog in the coming months. I always liked reading the BIA perspective and I've missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chelsea. It was a pleasure to meet you this evening. Welcome back to Tacoma!

    ReplyDelete