Councilmember Julie Anderson's reasoned op-ed piece in The News Tribune recently set forth some excellent "guiding principles" for moving the public debate forward:
- The success of the museum is crucial to the City of Tacoma. Any design solution should strive to increase the institution’s visitorship.
- The volunteers and donors of Save Our Station and Century Park deserve a “date certain” for a design and construction of the park.
- Pedestrian barriers are not desirable and should be used only when logically linked to public safety or adopted public urban design goals.
- Download a simple map of the area of the donor wall and Century Park;
- Sketch your ideas on paper or use something like MS Paint or PowerPoint on your computer;
- E-mail your sketch and brief description to Kevin.